This recipe for Lemon Blueberry Pound Cake is everything we love about summer –fresh, juicy blueberries ripe for the pickin’ and tart, citrusy lemons that are so refreshing they make you want to say, “Ahhh...” Well, combine both of those ingredients to make the ultimate sweet treat: a Lemon Blueberry Pound Cake. Tart, buttery, and melt-in-your-mouth delicious, this dessert may just become a regular baking recipe in your household after the first taste – and we’re here for it!
For Pound Cake
• Cooking spray, for pan
• 1 cup butter, softened
• 1 cup granulated sugar
• 4 large eggs
• 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
• 2 cups (plus 2 tablespoons) of all-purpose flour, divided
• 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
• 1 teaspoon kosher salt
• 1 pint fresh blueberries, some reserved for topping
• 1 cup powdered sugar
• 2 tablespoons lemon juice
1. Make pound cake: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 9” x 5” loaf pan with cooking spray. In a large bowl with a hand mixer, beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla extract and lemon zest and mix until combined.
2. In a separate medium bowl, whisk together 2 cups of flour, the baking powder, and salt. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir until combined. In another medium bowl, combine most of the blueberries with the remaining 2 tablespoons of flour and toss to coat. Fold floured blueberries into cake batter; reserve remaining blueberries for topping,
3. Put batter into prepared loaf pan and smooth top with a spatula. Sprinkle with reserved blueberries and bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes, or until fully baked in the middle. Let cool 10 minutes, then invert onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
4. Meanwhile, make a glaze: in a final medium bowl, whisk together powdered sugar and lemon juice. Drizzle the mixture over the cooled pound cake and serve.
On the hunt for a new favorite recipe to add to your list of staples? The team at Casa Palmas Apartments in Pasadena, Texas encourages you to try your hand at this delicious option.